Contouring duo with NYX and Illamasqua

4/10/2013

Hey lovelies! Today I'm going to talk about my new favourite combo for contouring. I'm using two cream products for this purpose: 


-NYX Cream Blush in "Glow"
-Illamasqua Cream Pigment in "Hollow". 

Those two products are perfect and if you have dry skin on the cheek areas, then it is even better!

I start with the contouring product, "Hollow". I've been recommended this product by Samantha Chapman when she was doing her Contouring Master-Class for Daily Mix. The day after, I was buying it! 
I've never tried a cream product for this purpose before, I was using powder ones like my Laura Mercier or Bourgeois ones. 

But I think I actually prefer the creamy texture, because it blends really nicely on the skin and leaves a natural finish. 

I apply the bronze color with a Real Technique brush, called "Contour Brush", from their Core Collection. The shape of it is perfect and goes right under the cheek bones, where you want to apply the product. 


As it is a cream pigment, it does have a super natural effect but you can still build it up, which is great! Indeed, you can't go wrong with it and you won't look orange at all. I also apply some of it on my temples and hair-line, and under my chin to make my face look slimmer and shorter. 

I think this product will last me ages! It is good if you have fair skin, but choose a stronger shade if you are naturally tan or darker.

This is definitely one of my favorite contouring products, alongside with Laguna Bronzer from NARS.

It does cost 17£ but totally worth them in my opinion. You can order it online HERE or visit the Illamasqua shop, located in Carnaby Street. 

For the blush part, I have fall back in love with this NYX product, called "Glow". It is a super pretty pink/coral color, which blends like a dream unto the skin. As you can tell on the picture, it is really pigmented but once blended it is perfect and natural. I apply it with a stippling brush from Real Technique and it does give a very flawless and fresh result. I apply it on the apple of my cheeks, smiling, and then work it lightly unto my temples. 
The combination of those two products give a super satisfying effect and I think it will be part of my contouring routine all summer long. 

Here you can see the two brushes which I use, I will do a full review on the Real Techniques brushes very soon. 
I hope you've enjoyed this article, and I will speak to you all soon. Liz. 

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe